Absolute maximum quality for the lowest possible price!
Our pricing structure is designed to encourage you to purchase in the most cost effective ways possible. This will save materials and furthers our green best practices, especially when you select from our current inventory which therefore eliminates the need for special orders which by nature is inefficient and consumes excess packaging and shipping services.
Custom framing is a composite of the following:
• Size of the artwork and frame
• Moulding Selection – prices vary considerably!
• Complexity of specifications: matting, frame space, filets
• Matting: Acid-Free vs 100% Rag, 4 ply vs 8 ply, single vs double matting, fabric wrapping
• Conservation services
• Glazing: UV-screening, reduced reflection Standard glass
We encourage you to come in for a complimentary design session so that by working together we can find the best budget and style for your work.
However, if you email your specifications, including size, quantity, glazing preference, and style we will give you a range of pricing.
- Choose our in-stock material mouldings—discounts from 20-75% from retail even if you only order one piece.
(Special orders are inefficient as they consume time, purchasing costs, packaging material waste, transportation costs, and fuel, and will delay your order’s completion)
- Order Quantity: multiples in the same specifications, especially uniform size will result in increased discounts
- Total Order Scope: If you have a large scale order even in a range of styles and designs we will provide enhanced discounts
Materials Optimization – Standard Sizes Equals more savings
Some Frame materials come in standard sizes. Therefore, if we design your work into those sizes it can result in lower pricing as there may be less waste and labor. This is critical when designing volume projects.
For example, if you order frames that are 17 x 21, you can only get two mats from a sheet of 32 x 40″ whereas 16 x 20 frames yield four sheets per mat board. Although the labor may be the same, materials costs are reduced, and there is less waste, therefore we can pass the savings on to you.
Common Standard sizes
16 x 20 – efficient matting size, box glass
18 x 24
20 x 24
22 x 28
24 x 30
24 x 36
32 x 40 – standard matboard, foamcore, glass
36 x 48 – largest practical glass size
40 x 60 – standard matboard, foamcore oversize
48 x 72 – limited mat board selection in this size
48 x 96 – foam core, mat board* (100% white rag only)
48 x 96, 50 x 100 Acrylic
48 x 96: Optium Museum Acrylic
*white rag only, some oversize mat board available
We advocate the conservation approach as our standard to protect your artwork
Pricing Depends on size—
16×20″ frame, single mat, UV filtering glass starts about $140
24 x 30″ would ber around $250 and $325 for 32 x 40″
We have over 500 moulding styles in stock at discounts of 20-50% from retail
Discounts for multiples ordered concurrent can save more if specifications are the same
Note: If conservation is not required (e.g. marketing graphics) there are savings in materials cost