Absolute maximum quality for the lowest possible price!
Our pricing structure is designed to encourage you to purchase in the most cost effective ways possible. This will save materials and furthers our green best practices, especially when you select from our current inventory which therefore eliminates the need for special orders which by nature is inefficient and consumes excess packaging and shipping services.
Custom framing is a composite of the following:
• Size of the artwork and frame
• Moulding Selection – prices vary considerably!
• Complexity of specifications: matting, frame space, filets
• Matting: Acid-Free vs 100% Rag, 4 ply vs 8 ply, single vs double matting, fabric wrapping
• Conservation services
• Glazing: UV-screening, reduced reflection Standard glass
We encourage you to come in for a complimentary design session so that by working together we can find the best budget and style for your work.
However, if you email your specifications, including size, quantity, glazing preference, and style we will give you a range of pricing.
- Choose our in-stock material mouldings which we offer at discounts from 20-75% from retail even if you only order one piece. Special orders are inefficient as they consume time, purchasing costs, packaging material waste, and transportation costs and fuel, and will delay your order.
- Quantity of order: if you need multiples in the same specifications, especially if uniform sizes, labor savings will directly result in increased discounts
- Even if you have a range of styles and designs, we will consider enhanced discounts for example if you bring us 10 or more pieces in one project
Materials Optimization – Standard Sizes Equals more savings
Frame materials typically come in standard sizes. Therefore, designing your work into those sizes will result in lower pricing due to improved materials utilization. This is especially important when designing volume projects.
For example, if you order frames that are 17 x 21, you can only get two mats from a sheet of 32 x 40″ whereas 16 x 20 frames yield four sheets per mat board. Although the labor may be the same, materials costs are reduced, and there is less waste, therefore we are able to pass the savings on to you.
Common Standard sizes
16 x 20 – efficient matting size, box glass
32 x 40 – standard matboard, foamcore, glass
36 x 48 – largest practical glass size; good for Acrylic (48″)
40 x 60 – standard matboard, foamcore oversize
48 x 72 – limited mat board selection in this size
48 x 96 – foam core, mat board* (100% white rag only)
48 x 96 – Plexiglas
*white rag only, some oversize mat board available
Depends on size — a 16×20″ frame with a single mat and and regular glass would start at about $120 plus tax.